Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Painters Half Marathon!!!




I've been training, as most of you know for my first Half Marathon. Jonny was going to do it with me but got sick Half way through training so he didnt do this one. On Thursday night Jonny, My Cousin Heather and her cute little baby Emma and I drove down to St. George. On Friday night we went to Outback with Gma Helen, jon, heather, emma, and Uncle Steve for His Birthday. It was so yummy.(Thanks Gma!)
Saturday Jan.19 was my Dad's Birthday, and the Morning of the race. My mom sent me a mushy text about how he'd be proud of me and maybe he'd be there cheering us on. MOOOOOM!! :) well i hope we was anyway...So we woke on that Freeeeezing morning and Heather and I ran the 26th annual Painters Half Marathon. It was such a beautiful run. I've had to train inside, so running outside on the dirt, asphalt, trails, bridges, and hills was quite the change, but it was still really neat. It was hard, and my feet STILL hurt, but really rewarding and I'm happy to say I DID IT. I had SO MUCH fun training and running with Heather. Its so awesome to have cousins that you grow up with and feel more like sisters than cousins. We plan on running the HobbleCreek Half in Aug... and hopefully some between then too! OH--and since we're feelin really nuts, we're talkin about doin the St. George Marathon too.. ask me more about that when my feet stop hurting :)
After the race Jonny bought Me and Heather a day at the SPA! We both had Facials and an hour Massage. (I know, my Husband is AWESOME!!!) It was so nice to have our screaming limbs massaged and realaxed. Thanks jon
It was such an awesome trip. Jon enjoyed the GOLF everday, and i just enjoyed being down there in the Warm(er) weather, and hanging with my awesome Family! love you guys!!!

1 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

YAY! I am so glad that we did that! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! :) St. Geaorge Marathon all the way! I loved doing that with you! YOU ARE THE BEST!