Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not So Fun Drive Home




If there was ever a time to count our blessings it was this weekend. We left St. George on Monday evening around 6. We would have left earlier but the reports advised to wait until the storm clears. What we needed was a report to tell us when the retards on the roads cleared. Well, we were driving just past Beaver, around this slick bend in the summit and Jon started to pull over. I looked to see what he was doing and noticed a car that had slid off into the ditch. He went to see if they were ok, and then came running back to move me and the car off the side of the road next to the speeding semi's. I got out and Jon made me and the two girls driving the wrecked car stand on the side of the hill away from the car. Well another big truck stopped by the side of the road, about parallel to the car in the ditch, and Jon was up talking to him, letting him know the highway patrol was coming and the girls needed to be towed so there was nothin they could do.. Well while he was talkin to the guy i saw two cars come around the bend. ... one slams on their brake and the other is forced to as well.. Well the first car passes us but the second one starts fish tailing-and BAD. They were coming right for Jon and the truck. I screamed Jon's name, and to RUN, and took off up the hill. It was the scariest thing that's ever happend to me. The truck heard me scream and floored it. He made it out of the way just in time. I dont know how jon made it out. He said as he was running he saw the car only feet away from him as it came sliding into the ditch. It also luckily and barely missed the already stuck car. Im so amazed, greatful, shocked, etc. that nobody got hurt. Everyone got up on the hill to wait for the Highway Patrol man incase anyone else neglected to follow the REDUCE SPEED AHEAD Sign! The officer got there and we left, only to see about 25 more slide-off's in the 15 min. it took us to get to Fillmore. We probably could have made it home in jons safe 4-wheel drive car, but we didnt want to risk it with the busy holiday traffic, and Jon was too shooken up to finish driving. We stayed at this kind of crappy best western called the Paradise Resort?!?! Neither of us could sleep, but that didnt matter. We were together, and SAFE.

8 comments:

kenzie said...

Jenelle Im so glad you and jon are safe. I talked to your mom the night you were driving home and that is how I got your blog and email again :D Im glad all is well now. Call me we need to get together.
Kenzie

kenzie said...

Jenelle Im so glad you and jon are safe. I talked to your mom the night you were driving home and that is how I got your blog and email again :D Im glad all is well now. Call me we need to get together.
Kenzie

Jer and Jealin said...

Hey. That is seriously scary! Dana told me about it on the phone and I almost peed my pants. I am so glad nothing happened. (Not as glad as you, I bet.) I'm sad I didn't get to see you! I'm so proud of you for doing the marathon. You ROCK!!

adrienne said...

That sounds seriously intense teeny burrito. I'm so glad you are ok.

Heather and Trevor said...

So scary! i'm glad we didnt go up then! glad your safe and we had a blast with you this weekend!

mnhvance said...

I can't believe it!!! My heart started beating faster as I read the story! A trip to St George is always full of adventure. Thank goodness you guys are both safe! AND THANKS FOR FINALLY UPDATING YOUR BLOG!!! I have loved reading about your life!!! I love you!

Ben and Aimee Sims said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

The rules are: Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "you've been tagged" on their profile and tell them to read your blog.

Jason and Tawni said...

Ahhh! I didn't hear about any of this! I am so sorry that you guys went through that, I was scared just reading about your experience so I can only imagine how you felt! I am sure glad that you and Jonny are home safe. Thanks for visiting me when you were down here. I loved seeing you!
(PS Your blog is sooooo cute!)