Thursday, December 13, 2007

Run!!!!


Jon had this brilliant idea a few months ago that we should train for and run a half marathon in Jan. I've been running(not as faithfully as i probably should) But im a little more than half way in the half marathon milage. Its tough. Sometimes getting on that treadmill is the last thing i want to do. But the feeling you get when you've just finished running 5..6.. 7..8 miles.. its like nothing else. Exhausting. Yes. But as John Cougar would say -it "hurts so good".
Ive been putting off registering for this race. I dont know why. Procrastination has always been one of my greatest talents, so maybe its the realization that i will HAVE to run 13.1 miles and soon, has caught up to me... There is no stayin up the night before to finish preparing. Ive got to get going! But today i did it.!... I signed my life (ok, just $35 dollars)away and I'm going to run that race. ahh.:) I hope i'll be able to do it without dying. It'll be hard but something i've always wanted to do, so worth it im sure And who knows maybe i'll keep training for a whole marathon... some day... we'll see. but for the time being-does anyone have a spare knife?:)

12 comments:

The Bohne Bunch said...

I just think you are crazy1!!!!!!!! hope you don't throw up.
Love ya
Lisa

Nancy said...

You are SO much better then me... thats all I can say!... well and you're crazy ha!
Love you
xxx
Nancy

Bethany said...

I am jealous! I love running, but my knees are soooo bad. One day...

What a great accomplishment Little Burrito!

Jer and Jealin said...

Wow. I am seriously proud of you. I share your habbit of procrastination. I set a goal to run half of the St. George marathon next year. Maybe if you don't die on yours I will give mine a shot! Good luck!

Heather and Trevor said...

We will be fine! I promise! Just pound out the miles like you should, even if it takes a while and you will LOVE it! Well, at least survive it! i am hating the miles this week and next though! They are the worst! I cant wait to do this with you! :) Let me know how you feel in a week! :) :(

mnhvance said...

Good luck Jenelle! I'm so impressed when people do that. All I have to say is - go for it now before you have kids, because after that, a daily shower is quite an accomplishment!!!

Jason and Tawni said...

Jenelle!
I am so excited for you to run the half marathon! That is such a great thing to train for and once I pop this baby out I plan to do the same thing to try and lose the baby weight. Keep us posted on how it goes, I know that you will do fine!

FJ Johnson said...

wow I think that's awesome. Good for you.

Heather and Trevor said...

Hey! I think you need a new post on how Jon bailed and we are doing it now! HAHA :) I can't wait! :)

truss said...

HAPPY HALF MARATHON DAY! I am proud of you for accomplishing all the steps that brought you to today. Have a fun time!

brenley said...

way to go tiny burrito!! i love your blog! some day i want to run a half and maybe a full marathon - i know who to talk to know to know how to train. good luck!! send me your email and i'll add you to my blog (and i'll tell all of my siblings to do the same - we have invited only blogs...i know, kind of silly:D). love, brenley - brenley@gmail.com

us*limes said...

yes, we are silly. in a paranoid-sort of way.
but, can i say, that is the best cartoon for this post. EVER. i laughed so hard.
anywho... how did it go? can't wait to hear!
shanda