Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Kenny Obsession




OK, My mom and i have this funny, crazy, nerdy? FUN AWESOME obsession with going to Kenny Loggins Concerts. :D I remember being a little girl and listening to Kenny Loggins so I guess I've just always loved, and i have a sentimental thing for his music and voice. In 2002 my mom surprised me while on a birthday trip in California to our very first Kenny Loggins Concert together. Since then anytime he's in Utah or close to Utah we go see him. Its become one of my very favorite things to do with her!



Now its 2008, and it was MY turn to suprise HER! A few months ago i saw he was coming to Provo, so i got two tickets, and hoped she didn't see he was coming. I knew if she did she would call me immediately, so i was happy when the 19th came along and she still didn't know! I told her I wanted to spend the afternoon with her shopping for baby stuff to throw her off. Well she had some plans for later that night so i ended up having to tell her I was taking her somewhere, but i wasn't telling her where, and she'd miss her plans that night.



When we got to Provo I took some back roads to get to the Covey Arts Center where he was playing just to throw her off. ( Its a good thing i did too because when we left we went by the front/side, and there was a big projected picture of his name and face on the wall! ) I pulled into the parking lot and the lady directing traffic asks me "Are you here for Kenny Loggins" :( I said yes, feeling a little disappointed that that would be how she found out, but to my delight, she was distracted in her purse so she DIDN'T EVEN HEAR her! So we walked up, and there was a big picture of his face! She just kept laughing and telling me "NO WAY!" It was such and AWESOME surprise! She had NO idea!



It was a great concert! It turned out to be his Last of his Tour AND it was Sold Out! Besides the great show Kenny puts on, we Love to watch and laugh at all the weird women waving their arms and trying to dance! :D Its so painfully awkward! One lady he sang to even layed a big kiss on lips when he went in to hug her. Those ladies are crazy!



Lehi Mills and Zions bank were the sponsors, so after the concert they had a little party in the lobby and gave everyone food, and gifts!



Thanks for letting me mom~nap you Mom! :D I can't wait for Kenny Concert #9.. Whenever that'll be! (now you all know the extent of our geekyness! 8 concerts in 7 years. wow.)
Sorry the picture is so dark. At least you cant see my pregnant fat face! :D


1 comments:

Alesa said...

NERDS!! ha ha jenelle you are "very very sneaky..-katie