Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cravings




Have any of you seen the first Harry Potter Movie?

You know the part where you see Voldemort sucking the Unicorns blood, and its dripping down his face??. Today I was reading about a condition called Pica. Its were your pregnant body is lacking things like iron, so you crave (and some women EAT) things like Coal, dirt, soaps, etc.? Well this was the movie image that popped in my head when i read about eating dirt~ Except instead of Vodemort it was some pregnant woman squating over a pile of dirt~eating it with dirt all over her face! That'd probably scare me more than Vodemort in real life! Ha ha ha!
Actually~ Its pretty ironic that Vodemort comes to my mind, because there are times with these psycho hormones that i've felt more like Voldemort than Me. Ha ha ha.

So i got to thinking~ Have i really CRAVED anything during My Pregnancy?!

YES! I thought.

There is ONE THING these last 3 1/2 Months that i would say i craved.
Only ONE thing that hasnt ONCE made me go into a dry-heaving fit just thinking about it..
ONE thing that unfortunately wasnt in season.. That is until just recently~

But now, thank you to my WONDERFUL MOTHER for bringing me a smorgasborg of these...

and THIS monster


I've been in PEACH HEAVEN all week! YUM!
Here's to cravings!!!
Thanks Mom! :)

6 comments:

Katie said...

ha ha.. thats funny J... just dont over eat them... sometimes it ruins things if you do... but welcome to the next stage... I craved plates and palates salads... mmmmm I love them still... You also crave purple gatorade.. Love you sis.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

mmm! Yummy! What about a big, juicy, fast-food cheeseburger? Good thing you are at least craving something healthy, eh?

Jason and Tawni said...

Yummm, those peaches look amazing! Your mom is too cute. I craved Fuji Apples when I was pregnant. I wouldn't eat any other brand. They just tasted sooooo good! You better take a picture of that belly soon, some of us don't get to see you all the time!

Love ya!

mnhvance said...

I craved cottage cheese with Isaac, and ate so much of it that it's been years until I can eat it again! Peaches are SOOOO yummy! Okay - so when are you coming to visit??? I'd love it if you did!!!

anne said...

Congratulations!!! When I was prego the first time it was watermelon. Luckily, it was summer so I could eat it all the time. I would literally send Jace to the store at least once a week for a watermelon. Ahh, good times. Lucky for you peaches are in season!