Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our Baby the ILLUSIONIST!

A week ago we had our 16 week appointment. My favorite part of the whole appointment is obviously the ultrasounds. All last month I'd been compiling questions to ask the Dr. to try and stall alittle to make the ultrasound a little longer ( they were real questions, i just had a lot of them) I also had Jon all practiced and well rehearsed to ask the Dr. to see all sorts of body parts while we were checking out the baby so we could get some really good shots!
The first shot was my favorite..all curled up in a very uncomfortable little ball wiggling its toes! I loved that! Well i proceed to ask tell the Dr. "I'd love to see some Fingers! and Toes! Oh, and we also need to make sure we're still having a Boy!"
So we see the toesies wiggling, and the little fist up by the head! So cute! Everything is looking GREAT, healthy, right on track with size and dates!Then the Dr. goes to answer my last question.. "Uh... There is just one little problem," "WHAT!I said!"


Remember that 12 week, 90% BOY shot?


WELL, It became our 16 week, 100% GIRL SHOT! Ha ha ha!


Here's our little Skeletor


Jon loved this one of her ribs and back. :) "coool"

So this March we will officially be welcoming a baby GIRL! The Dr. said he's sure it won't change again!

Boy did she have us fooled! :) I was completely stoked!I called my little sister Katie first to let her know her little Shelby wont be a loner anymore. :) She was thrilled too.
Don't get me wrong~I was really excited to have a boy, I am head over heals for my little nephews, but I'm super thrilled to be having a little girl! I'm so incredibly excited to see Jonny with her. He is probably the sweetest guy I know, but I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing a whole new side of sweet when he's holding his little baby girl. He's going to be the BEST daddy in the world. I cant wait!

13 comments:

Tina said...

That is so exciting! Congrats on the baby boy turned girl. I bet Sheila is just DYING!!!!!!!1

Tina said...

That last comment is really AMY DRoubay commenting. I just forgot to switch over to my page first :P)

Stacey Sargent said...

oh my gosh. that is crazy, but so exciting. We need more girls! I can't wait to see her when she gets here!

McCall said...

I am SO NOT surprised! I told you it was the same as my friend Missy! That makes me laugh! I'm so excited for you though, she'll be gorgeous

Marce said...

i'm so stinkin excited for you!!!! having baby girls just melts your heart...especially seeing your hubby with them. such a special bond they have! ahhh! i can't wait to see this little angel- she is going to be gorgeous, just like her mama!

Kelie said...

congrats you guys! she's already so darling in her pictures! When I was pregnant with Ari they thought the same thing, boy at first then for sure girl! I am so excited for you two!!!

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

Congrats on your baby girl!

Jason and Tawni said...

Yayyyyyy! Little girls are freaking awesome, welcome to the club! Congratulations!!!!

Nancy said...

LOVE the Pics.. Cant wait to see Baby Smenelly!!! Yeah congrats you guys!! Still on for next week end??
xxx

kenzie said...

Im so excited for you guys. She is going to be BEAUTIFUL!! When are we going to get together?? Did you get my message?? I miss ya.

anne said...

Congrats on a GIRL!!! They are so much fun...and the clothes and accessories are SO much cuter. The same thing happened to 2 of my friends lately. The dr. said boy...then later they said girl. Crazy.

Gage and Missy!! said...

Gage and I are so excited that you are having a girl! Emy just told me that Ali likes to come over and take naps with Jon on Sunday! Jon is going to be a cute dad! I can't wait to see what she looks like! P.S. We haven't seen you guys forever!!

Heather and Trevor said...

I of course knew but had to give you the official BLOG Congrats! Little girls are the best! Chalk one up for another girl on the Lund side! :) Love you and miss yo! Seriously call me when you get a chance! :)