Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Doodie Daddy




As most of you probably know yesterday, February 4th was 12 years ago that our dad passed away. It seems like time has gone by so fast, but there have been countless blessings that have happend to our family these last 12 years.(Especially the wonderful additions we recieved to our family) Yesterday for some reason was one of those harder Feb. 4th's. For me and some of my sisters too. Maybe it was the sweet mushy letter mom wrote in the early morning, or the tender weekend attending our prophets funeral. Its such a blessings to know I have a wonderful family to count on, to share and get through those "harder" days with, and to know i can be with all of them forever someday! I love you all. Here are some Doodie Daddy pictures I had and love. Don't you think they really capture the "Doodie" Part of him that we all love to remember?

12 comments:

Kent, Krista and Family said...

This is so sweet! I'm sorry you had a hard day...I hope you all feel better soon! Love ya

Katie said...

Cute slideshow J.... Thanks again for the flowers.. I have a bunch of cute daddy pictures too.. I need to post them...I love you!!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather and Trevor said...

Such A Cute Post! I Miss Your Daddy Too! What A Wonderful Time To Remember Him Too. Love You And Hope You Feel Happy Again Soon! :)

Jer and Jealin said...

Wow Jenelle. That was a tear jerker. What a lovely tribute to your dad. Wish I would have gotten to know him!

Jason and Tawni said...

Ok, before you post things like that, I feel like a tear jerker warning should be published. I can't believe that it has been 12 years since Uncle Alan passed away. I am sorry that you were feeling blue but you are allowed to have those days every once in awhile you know. I love that you focus on the blessings you have received like the amazing additions to your family. You are all such a great bunch and I love you tons! Great pictures of your dad, they bring back some wonderful feelings and memories!

kenzie said...

Tawni said it!! you need a warning before that definite TEAR jerker! Wow, how that brings back wonderful memories. Lake Powell, Rides on the Four Wheeler with him, sleepovers, Alta. Your dad is AMAZING. Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Wow, I bet it's hard every year when that day comes around. You are such a sweet girl, I am so glad that you and Jon came over on Saturday. We had so much fun...you are so funny! Can't wait to hang out more and look at your blog! Yay!

Bethany said...

I remember your dad well and loved him. thank you for helping me remember!

{amy k.} said...

Hey Jenelle! I just came across your blog tonight- that was a sweet post, you girls are so strong to go through that! I just wanted to say hi!

Gage and Missy!! said...

Jenelle, I am so sorry about your dad! But I just wanted to say hi, check our mine and Gage's blog. gageandmissy.blogspot.com

mnhvance said...

AWWWWW Jenelle!!! How sweeeet! I'm so serious! He was such a Doodie! I miss him too! So many fun memories to go back on. I didn't remember the day (sorry for my loser-ness) but I did remember it was this month. I remembered his birthday this year! ;)